Click here for more information about the Debbie Dougan Scholarship Donation

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

“Sometimes people say to me, “I want to write, but I have five kids, a full-time job, a wife who beats me, a tremendous debt to my parents,” and so on. I say to them, “There is no excuse. If you want to write, write. This is your life. You are responsible for it. You will not live forever. Don’t wait. Make the time now, even if it is ten minutes once a week.” ― Natalie Goldberg

If you want to write, make the time to write. Make it a priority in your schedule. Don’t wait for a big chunk of time, or the muse (she is fickle, remember?), or inspiration or anything else. Just write.

Decide on a reasonable amount of time you can regularly commit to, whatever it is. Then make it a priority. Click here for a wonderful analogy for time management.

Take a look at what the important things are in your life and schedule them first. Everything else will fall into place.

No comments: